Sunday 29 April 2012

Proposal 2

Susie's proposal, again to be discussed along with other proposals at the gallery.



Concept:
This work explores something that I have still yet to fully understand. It documents a journey with no end, no conclusion, no understanding. As there is no final chapter, this piece of work is open for interpretation. I want the viewer to form their own concepts, their own ideas, and their own world within what is presented. To me, this represents the ambiguity I feel regarding photography on different levels. From what attracts me to photography to the state of photography to the theory of photography.

Display Requirements:
To display this piece of work in its full book content, the pages pulled out is 5.328 metres in length with a possible addition of 0.3 for the artist statement (at your discretion). The pages will be stuck to the wall, page by page in a long line. However there is another option to print individual images with the same/similar placement.

I would like the statement to be placed at the end of work as this will work with my concept.

The page option: the whole thing is 198mm in height and 5238mm in length. Individual option: The sizes of the images vary and as they are square and low-res images they will only be small.




No comments:

Post a Comment